Friday, August 17, 2012

Dirty Jobs TV Show: Mike Rowe does Cloth Diapers

Do you ever watch Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel? The other day, I came across this clip where Mike Rowe actually goes to a Cloth Diaper Cleaning Service and helps to wash the cloth diapers! If only I had an awesome washing machine like this one!

Cloth Diaper Cleaner Checklist:
  1. Pick Up/Drop Off
  2. Count
  3. Wash
  4. Dry
  5. Inspect
I love it how Mike Rowe is totally grossed out by the dirty diapers, and how there is actually a poop in the pile! What ever happened to throwing the poop in the toliet! Either way, it is a pretty funny clip! Welcome to the average day of a cloth diapering mom!!!

Go HERE to check out the video! Be patient as it takes a few seconds to load.

Have you ever watched Dirty Jobs before?

Have you ever used a diaper service before?

4 comments:

  1. This is great! We used to watch this show a lot. It's like they keep zooming in on that turd on purpose :) I have never used a service, I know my mom said she did with one of us kids. It was a shower gift so probably my oldest brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never considered doing my daughter's cloth diapers as a "dirty job". It's just a necessary evil I perform because I love her and the cloth is better for her baby bottom. But I understand the concentrated stink. I have a friend that used a diaper service and she says they would refuse the load or fine a customer for not removing solid waste from the diapers up to and including refusing future loads if it was a continuous problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never considered doing my daughter's cloth diapers to be a "dirty job" It's just a necessary evil that a perform because I love her and the cloth is better for her baby bottom. I do understand the concentrated stink though and can only imagine how much worse that was. I had a friend who used a diaper service and she said they would refuse loads or fine customers if they did not remove solid waste before pick up up to and including discontinuing service for repeat offenders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Dirty Jobs. Mike Rowe needs to come to a momma's house and watch and help with the REAL process! Diaper service is cheating! lol

    ReplyDelete