Monday, May 21, 2012

#Flatschallenge - My Attempt to Make a Camp Style Washer + Hubby's Commentary

Little did I know that a nice Sunday afternoon would turn into entertainment for all:-) This is me attempting to make a Camp Style Washer while the hubby commentated! Enjoy!



Evidently we needed to get a new battery for the drill...or so hubby told me...



Then the battery on the camera died....Sorry you didn't get to see me make the hole bigger, but I did...and now it is fully working! I did not however drill holes in the plunger, and may regret that...so I may be posting another video with me putting holes in the plunger:-)


One thing I did learn...I kinda like putting videos on my blog:-) Maybe there will be some more too!


Did you make your own camp style washer? How did it go for you?


If not, how are you handwashing your diapers for the flats challenge?

8 comments:

  1. I had my husband drill the holes for me, but I pretty much have the same set up for this week. My 4 year old is most excited to use it. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I' am rolling your hubby is hilarious!!! I see brown spots !! Lol funny cute video !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I know, he makes the whole video:-) I need to have him guest speak more..LOL

      Delete
  3. Great job Julie! I would have been scared... I'm gonna try just washing in the sink, which means I would have to wash dishes or outside in a bucket.
    Good luck!
    CJR @ The Mami Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Great job! I did one too and my hole was too small so I used a box cutter to make it bigger. Too bad I spent all that time on it only to break the lid the first wash. I'm a turbo washer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was too small too, so I tried it again and it got a little bigger. Kim made it look toooo easy in the video! You broke the lid...that is hilarious!!!!!!!!LOL

      Delete
  5. Haha funny.
    I just gave a small bucket and use my regular plunger. No covers or holes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha this was funny! Love it! Hubby made me one of these last year for the Flats Challenge and it works SO well. We actually DID bring it camping with us and used it for the week in VT too. Perfect. Not as pretty as yours but it works (and I had NOTHING to do with making it! LOL).
    Good luck with the challenge. I am too big and prego to even think about handwashing this year! :)

    ReplyDelete