Bamboo in Cloth Diapers? Yeap, you heard me right! Cloth diapers can be made out of bamboo! Let me enlighten you...
- Super Soft
- Breathable - great for circulation around the bum
- Antibacterial/antimicrobial/odor resistant properties
- Absorbent (60% more than cotton, can hold 3 times it's weight in water)
- Environmentally Friendly (bamboo grows very fast - it can grow up to a foot/day without use of harmful fertilizers or pesticides)
- Helps keep moisture away from skin = dry bum
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive skin
- Even stronger and more durable when combined with other materials such as cotton or polyester (ex. bamboo fleece, bamboo velour, bamboo terry)
- Bamboo tends to be a little more expensive than your typical cotton/polyester diaper
Types of Bamboo:
- Bamboo Fleece - combines bamboo and some types of fleece/microfleece
- Bamboo Velour - contains bamboo and a velour type fabric for softness
- Bamboo Terry - contains bamboo and terry cloth
- Bamboo Charcoal - contains bamboo and polyester, cotton, etc.
- Must first be washed 2-3 times in hot water with no detergent to rid the diapers of the naturals oils. After about 6 washes, your bamboo diaper will reach it's maximum absorbency and be "good to go" for your heavy wetter!
- Refrain from fabric softeners, bleach, and non-safe diaper rash ointments
- It is always best to follow the instructions that come along with the diaper
- Lil Helper
- Good Mama
- Mama Little Helper
- Bubu Bibi
- SgBum Naturelle
Have you ever used Bamboo Cloth Diapers before? If yes, what do you think? If no, why not?