Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Little Switch-a-Roo....What He Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Him!


How many times have you gone to the store and saw a Store Brand product for much cheaper than it's Brand Name counterpart? I see this all the time, and if you shop with the Store Brand, most of the time you can save a few bucks. (Now I do understand that some store brand products are not as good as the Brand Name products, however, in most cases you can't even tell.


The hubby is what I like to call a "Brand Snob." Although he has gotten much better being on a tight budget, he likes to stick to his brands most of the time! Oatmeal is one of those items that he usually buys the brand name...the Quaker Oatmeal. I decided I would do a little experiment on him to see if he could notice the difference between the Walmart brand Oatmeal and the original Quaker Oats!!


I bought the above container of Walmart Oatmeal and emptied it into the Quaker Oatmeal container (there was only a little left). The oats looked exactly the same! I hid the Great Value oats container in a secret undisclosed location, then put the Original Quaker Oatmeal container back in it's usual spot! Of course I did my dirty work while he was at work!


Now the only thing that could blow my cover would be if :
1) He noticed that the full container of Quaker Oats was not sealed on the top or
2) If he found the Great Value Oats container hidden in the house


Luckily he did not notice either...and the waiting game began! I had to wait a few days for him to eat the Oatmeal...therefore, I couldn't post this story right away. You see I subscribed the hubby to all my e-mails, and he would read this and know right away what I was doing!


I am just a sneaky mama looking to save a few bucks:-)


Have you ever done something like this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment