What do an electric toothbrushes and a stolen car have in common? I can tell you that they both have nothing to do with Cloth Diapers:)
Now I know that most of my blog posts are about cloth diapering and babies, but every once in awhile I have to throw in a story...and boy is this one A STORY!!!
Today my Mom and Dad's car was stolen!! Did that get your attention? Let me just give you a few details...
- Car was dropped off at mechanic's for a "check over" since they just bought it 3 weeks ago
- Mechanic took it out for a "test drive" to Krauzers for lunch (hmm...not starting well)
- Mechanic throws keys on mat of driver side floor and leaves car unlocked (BAD!)
- Someone sees this opportunity and jumps on it and into the car...there she goes!
- Then comes the dreaded phone call from the mechanic to my parents...yikes
- Police come to my parents house asking where "my father was this morning"
- Meanwhile thief goes a few towns over and supposedly "holds up" a store for....wait for it...electric toothbrushes (we think...the words electric and toothbrush were used in the same sentence)
(I have to stop here...if you are going for Grand Theft Auto...you might as well GO BIG OR GO HOME...I mean Really? you can't think of anything bigger to steal?)
- Parents are not arrested on suspicion of stolen toothbrushes (Thank God)
- Now car is stolen and was used for larceny...APB sent throughout the entire state!
- As of now...still no car:(
UPDATE 2/8/12 Car went on another joy ride and was involved in ANOTHER larceny incident in a few towns over from the first town!! Police can't seem to get him!! (If I were the police, I would start to get really annoyed at this point)
UPDATE 2/9/12 Car went on yet another spree, shoplifting in another town. This time, the police started following him in a chase (this is straight out of a Cops episode or something)...however it got too dangerous and the chase came to a hault! Only positive thing here is that the police now have a description of the suspect, but still no car! My poor parents! The police must have called their house about 5 times over the past 3 days!
Hope better news is to come!! Needless to say, and I know this sounds bad but...it was a little bit exciting have text updates throughout the day! Even though my parents are obviously upset the car was stolen, the whole store seems kinda of surreal and comical at that! It wasn't like it was a horrible neighbor hood where the car was stolen from! I guess you can say the criminal was at the perfect place at the perfect time!
Have you ever had your car broken into or stolen?
Any other crazy stories like this?